Most Expensive Wines
Wine makers and breweries from all over the world always strive to produce some of the best wines in the world. Many all over the world have a special interest in this exotic beverage. After searching over the internet for the most expensive wines here is my list that I have compiled for the most expensive wines in the world.
- D’Amalfi Limoncello Supreme Liquor: This is the most expensive wine in the world and is prepared by an Italian distillery Antica Distilleria Russo. This wine is bottled in an exotic bottle which has three single cut diamonds. The cost of this wine is straggering $44 million.
- Isabella’s Islay: This is second most expensive non-alcoholic drink and is made in Russia. Each bootle of this wine has about 8500 diamonds and about 850 rubies which are crafted on Platinum. The bottle of this wine costs about $6.2 million and there is a special edition of the wine bottle that is encrusted in gold and diamond lettering which is available for $740,000.
- Chambord: The bottle of this wine is designed by a renowned jewellery designer Donald Edge. The bottle is bejewelled with 1100 pear cut diamonds with a single emerald cut diamond. This bottle was auctioned for $3 million and all this money was devoted towards the treatment of Breast Cancer.
- Master of Malt: This wine is about 100 years old and was produced by a popular company, Scottish Historian. This wine was sold to some English businessman for $1.4 million.
- Screaming Eagle Wine: This wine was made in 1992 and has a beautiful purple colour with an elegant tinge of dried fruits that stays in your mouth as soon as you taste it. This wine was auctioned for $500,000 at Auction Napa Valley in 2008. This wine was purchased by Chase Bailey who is an executive on Cisco.
- Chateau Cheval Blanc: This wine has been given an A class status in France mainly due to the age and the taste of this wine. This wine was made in 1947 and was auctioned for $300,000. According to an estimate, this wine can be kept safely for next 50 years and there is only one bottle of the imperial format and is held by an anonymous wine collector in Geneva.
- Shipwrecked 1907 Heidsieck: This wine was made in 1907 in Heidsieck Vineyard. According to an official record, about 200 bottles were sent to the Russian imperial family but they got lost in the sea in 1907 and finally they were recovered in 1996 and each bottle is being sold for $275000. There are only a few wine bottles up for grabs.
- Chateau Lafite-Rothschild: This wine was manufactured in 1869 and there are only three bottles that went up for sale recently for $232000. All the three bottles were kept preserved in the wine cellars of Chateau Lafite.
- Dalmore 64 Trinitas: This is another exotic wine that is all set to go in history books as one of the most expensive wines in the world. This 64 year old wine was made in Scotland and is sold for $160000. A standard glass of this wine can easily cost you $32,000.
- Chateau Lafite: This wine according to Forbes was sold for $160,000 at a popular auction house in London. This bottle bears the name of Thomas Jefferson and is believed to have manufactured during 1787. This wine has been transformed into vinegar that has rendered it unfit for drinking.