Most Expensive Guitars
Guitars are one of the most popular music instruments in the world. This music instrument is seen as the symbol of style and status in the world. Here are some of the expensive guitars in the world which people can only dream of owning it.
- Reach out to Asia Fender Stratocaster: This is world’s most expensive guitar. This guitar was recently auctioned off on Gulf for a charity that could help the tsunami victims in 2003. This guitar was initially owned by the Royal family of Qatar who purchased it in $1 million and later it was auctioned for $3.7 million for the charity.
- Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster: This guitar was played by American guitarist Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock and it was later sold for about $2 million to Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.
- Bob Marley’s Custom Made Washburn 22 Series Hawk: This guitar is declared as the National Asset by the Government of Jamaica. This guitar is one of the seven guitars of Reggae who was considered as one of the prime personality in the field of music in Jamaica. This market value of this guitar is estimated to be between $1.2 million to $2 million.
- Blackie: This guitar has a long history where the under the influence of Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton purchased six vintage guitars from a music shop in Texas and he then gifted three of them and used the remaining under the name of Blackie. This guitar was later on auctioned in 2004 for $959,000 making it the most expensive guitar at that time.
- Eric Clapton 1964 Gibson: This extravagant guitar was also used by Eric Clapton in 1964 and was later auctioned off for $847,000 making the most expensive guitar in the history of Gibson.
- Eric Clapton 1939 CF Martin: This is another beauty that was used by Eric Martin. The musician auctioned off this acoustic for $791,000.
- Stevie Ray’s 1965 Fender Composite Stratocaster: This guitar belonged to Stevie Ray who was a great guitarist. He is believed to have received this guitar from his wife on his 26th birthday in 1980. After his death in 1990, this guitar was auctioned off in 2004 for $623,500.
- George Harrison and John Lennon’s 1964 Gibson: This was used by both of those Beatles members at one time or the other. This guitar was auctioned in 2004 for $570,000.
- Eric Clapton’s Gold Leaf Stratocaster: Another masterpiece from Eric Clapton. This guitar was ordered by him in 1996 around the 50th anniversary of Fender. The guitar has a gold plating of 23 carat. This guitar was auctioned for $455,000 in 1997.
- Leo Fender’s Original Fender Telecaster Prototype: This guitar was the first prototype of Leo Fender and this design paved way for a great guitar company of the company. This guitar was sold to a private collector for about $375,000.