Beer is one of the oldest drinks that are consumed by man. Many people prefer light and less expensive beers but if your pocket allows you then you can try one of these expensive beers in the world.
1. Tutankhamum Ale: This limited edition beer has a very interesting past. It was brewed in the basement of the laboratory of Cambridge from a recipe that was discovered at Queen Nefertiti’s temple in Egypt. The beer was named after the stepson of the Queen, King Tut. The beer may be purchased for $52 per bottle.
2. Samuel Adams Utopias: This is another vintage beer that you can think of. The beer holds the Guinness World Record for being the strongest beer at 50. The beer is brewed with hops and grain that makes the taste as bitter but the strength remains for longer periods of time. The beer is sold in a specially made copper plated kettle. The sweet flavor in the beer can be attributed to the vanilla, oak or caramel that is added during the production. This beer is non-carbonated and should be served at room temperature. There are only 8000 bottles that are available and you can own one for $100.
3. Carlsberg Vintage 3: Third in the trilogy series, this beer is still considered as the most expensive beer in the world. The beer is priced at $348 per bottle. The beer was made in 2010 and is aged in the French barrels in the cellars that are owned by the company. The Vintage 3 is tapped by hand and the label is designed by Kasper Bonnen and other two artists of Radiant Copenhagen project.
4. Brewdog Atlantic IPA: This beer is brewed in the open seas. You can get the taste of the salty Atlantic winds and subtle flavour of old fishing boats. The Scottish brewery Brewdog created it based on a recipe that was founded in 1856. Right now only 960 bottles have been produced and it takes only $25.99 to purchase one of them.
5. Antarctic Nail Ale: There are only 33 bottles that have been produced for the Charity purposes. This beer is the result of factual brewing this done on the Antarctic ice. All the money will go towards the anti-whaling initiative. Each bottle is prices at $800.
6. La Vieille Bon Secourts: This is another excellent Belgian made beer that was purchased by a restaurant in London for a whopping $1160 for a single 12 litre bottle. It takes only two persons to pour it. There is only one bottle left so we suggest grabbing this bottle for your birthday or any other special occasion.
7. Carlsberg Jacobsen Vintage 1: The first of the trilogy beers, this beer is priced at $400 per bottle and is about 12 times more expensive per litre than the La Vieille Bon Secourts. There are only 600 bottles that up for grab.
8. Brewdog’s “End of History”: Only 11 bottles have been produced at the price of $765 per bottle which makes them as the most expensive beers from Brewdog. The beer has 55% alcohol but the most controversial parts are the squirrel casing in which they are sold.
9. Crown Ambassador: This bottle sells for $91 is considered on the expensive side. The beer is manufactured by Fosters which is thinking to sell out the limited editions of this beer to boost the image of premium lagers.
10. Lowenbrau Beer: One of the bottles of this beer is sold at an auction for a whopping $8337 thereby making it one of the expensive beers in the world. The bottle was last sold in the pack of six in 1937. A particular bottle was believed to be the last known from the Hindenburg disaster.